What a Birthday!! So this was my first experience having a party in our tiny little house. I had a perfect vision of an immaculately decorated house, the girls wearing their skirts and leis, hula dancing, making tiki pyramids, sitting quietly making their crafts, why didn't someone warn me that that is just not reality.
Instead: nine crazy emotional girls all wanting to do their own thing. A couple words of advice to the party planners:
1. The tacky tourist race was a hit. Races always bring on the competitors!!
2. The pinata also a hit although I strongly suggest getting the string pull pinata, after three hits each going through the line three times it still was not breaking, Bob and I had to tear the thing open and just dump the candy on the grass. Make sure its not a humid day such as ours was and that candy suckers aren't smashed such as ours were and that the little pieces don't land in all the girls hair such as our did.
3. Don't clean before the party, expect chocolate ice cream melting on the carpet, beads inside and out, torn grass skirt strings and food, plates, juice boxes scattered throughout the house. (although I gotta give credit to those moms who's dauaghters were actaully helping me clean!) definitley not my kid.
Sure not all the games were played or prizes given out. Sure I didn't get any great pictures especially of the pinata or cute decorated door, but all-in-all I think the girls had fun and that's the important thing, One party down no more for another year!!
After the three hours of fun!! where to being, inside or out?
15 years ago

2 comments:
What a fun idea for a party! Macy is so cute in her luau skirt. It looks like she had a great time. I saw your Dad at the store the other day and it was great to see him. Your parents are the best and are the best neighbors to my mom.
I'm laughing so hard welcome to the world of ungreatful kids. the up side is when they grow up they will thank us over and over for what we did for them right? It looks like it was a hit how fun for Macy!
Post a Comment