Saturday, June 20, 2009

The First Signs of Summer!!


1. Fireflies! this is Macy's first attempt at catching the first firefly of the summer. I know I've said this before, but fireflies are my favorite thing about the summer. They are just so cute!!



2. Staying up way past bedtime eating late dinners outside, popsicles for desert and trying out new bug catchers while hoping the citronella candle is only chasing away mosquitoes.



3. Wishing my dad and husband a very "Happy Fathers Day" I grew up with the best dad in the whole world, hardworking and fun, positive and caring. I'm lucky enough to have married an equally awesome guy! I have to say Bob is the most positive, happy person and always making us laugh. He's hardworking, smart and takes very good care of us making sure we have a little fun along the way with all the hard work we do throughout the year.



4. Rainy day parades and when I say rainy....it has rained for the past 20 out of 25 days, they don't call it the Garden State for nothing. Carlstadt has put on an annual childrens parade and picnic for the past 140years. Rain or shine apparently. The kids walk around town with police/fire engine escort, then play on rides, games, get prizes, eat hot dogs and ice cream. Even though we're close to the "big city" they make it feel very "small town". The kids got soaked but didn't seem to care and had a blast in the freezing rain for hours.



5. Gardening. Yes we have planted three tomato plants that have really taken off. We hope they bring us hundreds of cherry tomatos to have with fresh basil and mozarella.

I love what summer brings!

4 comments:

Ford Family said...

Okay...how much did Bob pay you to say those nice things about him? There is a reason I threw so many brushes at him when I was little, and it wasn't for being a "positive influence"!

Babelicious said...

I love the picture of Macy in that pink dress with her net and popsicle. It's so whimsical and captures the spirit of summer!! Very cute.

Heather said...

That sounds like a great summer to me! I will have to try that recipe for your cherry tomatos it sounds delicious.

inkley boys said...

Ok so I'm so behind reading your blog and its so cute! I love the bug catcher I wish I could have brought one home to Tay. ok you have to re read my Cal blog I posted it with out half the photos, i think austin forgot to save my post before I posted it and I didn't check it owell! have a great summer the sun will shine soon!