Sunday, August 31, 2008

What was I thinking?

I can't believe I talked myself into driving an hour and a half in traffic and then another half hour WAITING for a parking spot just to go to New York's biggest outlet mall. My biggest nightmare; large crowds and shopping with my six year old (though I must say, she is so calm and positive when I seem to be at my most irritable state she definitely keeps me in line) . Once I got over the frustration of sitting in a car for two hours singing "kids party" with Macy and walking around for 20 minutes in the heat and humidity for a bathroom things started getting a little better. The next three hours we spent pretty much walking around in circles (this place is huge) looking in toy stores and sipping smoothies to keep cool. That's the last time I go school shopping over Labor Day weekend. But I'm proud of myself for yet again venturing out and exploring new places.

0 comments: