Wow, is all I can say. You may have to excuse this post as I may GO OFF on all you competitive sports people out there. I'm used to Macy's nice, quiet dance classes. I'm also used to her NOT so quiet cheer practices and football games, but what I was not prepared for was a competitive, parent yelling, coach yelling, Macy may not be playing longer than two minutes because she's not good enough yet soccer season. (and just for the record, Macy was awesome at indoor soccer and scored most the goals) So what's going on here? What are we teaching our children at such a young age? Yes, I think coaches have to be tough and teach the kids, but they learn by PLAYING and not necessarily winning. I'm in awe at all the soccer moms out there that actually enjoy all this craziness, I don't know if I'll make it through the season. So any helpful hints would be appreciated, thanks!
Happy fall!
( as you can see the tree in the background is turning colors, is it me or did summer go by way too fast? )
15 years ago

3 comments:
Yikes! Luckily, Maryn's coach is pretty laid back and there aren't enough girls on the team for him to sit her much. I hope it gets better. For heavens sake this is not the world cup!
We aren't playing sports this season for that exact reason...crazy parents and coaches! No advice here...sorry!
I know I think I missed summer, and now its school and still crazy busy. Macy is tough she'll do just fine, I know about crazy parents I hear them every saterday at Britts games they are so in your face. I'm like did you have fun? if he said yes then its all good. I wish I could say back off parents let them have fun!!!!!
Post a Comment