Friday, February 26, 2010

Puerto Rico!



Here we are in Puerto Rico!! What a perfect week. Great weather, warm water and lots of yummy food!



This picture was taken on our back porch. We rented a little house. It was located in a residential neighborhood, wish I had pictures of our neighbors but thought it may be offensive. I loved it and we really got to experience Puerto Rico for all that it is. I will miss sitting on the deck every morning eating breakfast looking at the waves and some mornings surfers. We were lucky enough the last day to see a whale. It was so neat!



One of the many wonderful and yummy restaurants we ate at. The fruit punch was the best! Macy loved tasting the different foods. Fish and tostones galore!!



The Rum Shack! one of my favorite restaurants we ate at, even though it was geared more towards tourist the mahi mahi tacos were amazing, I'll be craving those until the next visit.





some of the signs from buildings as we were passing by. We were lucky enough to run into a street fair when we went to explore Rincon. I think they specialize in sea glass jewlerybecause the sea glass is everywhere. You can pick it up by the handful when walking on the beach. we collected much sea glass and sea shells. Driving was also an adventure, narrow streets and lots of hills!




Crashboat beach! a perfect spot to swim. It's more like a bay area and Macy finally got to get into the water and swim in the small waves. we got to tast Mavi one of Bobs favorite drinks from his mission, made from bark of a tree, it was interesting. What a fun day!



Ricon Light House. What a beautiful look out point for whales and surfers.








This was our bungalow for five whole days. What a great way to experience Puerto Rico. We roughed it a little bit with limited towels and no washer and dryer, but well worth it for our own private beach and no other tourist around. I will savor these moments forever!

7 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh, I am so jealous! I wish we could go back but I think it will be a while. It was a great honeymoon! We will have to visit about your trip and see if you visited some of the same places as us. We loved Loquillo Beach.

Ford Family said...

I hope we are invited the next time you venture to Puerto Rico. Probably won't be as "relaxing" with our roudy bunch, but sure would be fun. Looks like you guys had a great time, so jealous!

Ford Family said...

totally spelled rowdy wrong! Whoops...my bad.

Heather said...

It looks like you had a fabulous vacation. We've never been to Puerto Rico but it looks like so much fun. I'm glad you guys could get away and relax together!

Barlow Adventures said...

How fun, and muy bonita pics brought back many memories, I would go back to the carribbean in a heart beat! You guys are a very cute fam! Love ya!

Babelicious said...

That looks so fun and relaxing! I have a brother-in-law that lives in PR and I'm thinking we need to go visit him. I love all the pics of you and Macy.

Shurelle said...

Spoiled!

Glad you had a great time! This reminds me - we NEED a vacation!