The big day is finally here..... Four months of hard work. Three nights a week, practicing for an hour and a half sometimes two straight from aftercare (late nights for all of us, sometimes dinner at 9pm sometimes not at all) plus tumbling classes on Sundays.....it's here, the first day of competition. "Pre-season" if you will....I was a nervous wreck. It started at 6:30am.......
bagels....yum, breakfast I can handle that......
7:00 am practice, so far so good......
Here we are in Fairlawn...it all boils down to this. I was so nervous I could hardley watch, and of course they were last in their division. So they started off fantastic, so excited and so ready to show the judges what they got. The routine was going great, I was so thrilled until the music skipped once, twice and kept skippng and skipping....the girls a little hestitant kept going, the older girls and coaches started couinting 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and they kept going and did awesome. Our hearts fell, they worked so hard and then to have something like this happen....we were astonished, but the judges took heart and let them repeat their performance which they did perfectly, not one flaw, not one stumble.
I could not have been prouder of them. Not only did they win first place in their division, but won first place over all. Maybe a little sympothy came into play by the judges, not sure, but all I know is Macy showed us such strength and capability that I don't think Bob or I thought she possibly had. I've never been so proud of her and can't believe she has grown up so much without even realizing. We just started the season so get ready for a lot more competitions and pics come January because there's one every weekend!!
15 years ago

3 comments:
That first competition is so nerve wracking. I can't believe there music skipped like that and they kept going! I remember on Sadie's first comp She walked in on the wrong side and had to hurry and move before the music started. She hurried and adjusted and did great but I was a nervous wreck! She also had a 101 fever that day! Somehow they get through and surprise everyone.
Congrats on taking 1st! That is Awesome. Our comps start in January. We can't wait!
OH that poor girl I can't believe that stupid music I'm so glad they had a redo! don't you remember doing that? it was such a great time, I'm sure Macy just loves it! I can't wait to see the viedos. we love you and miss you guys its going to suck not to have you here over christmas!!!!
Again, I can't show this to my daughter because I wouldn't hear the end of it....Macy must be having so much fun!
Post a Comment