Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Kitchen

Beware: if you are a neat freak and germaphobic, you may want to look away! yes, this was our kitchen. But words can't even describe the nastiness of it all...the smell of gas, mold, old house ugh, it was disguting. So we gutted this room first. Tore down the wall to the right, tore up three layers of flooring, tore down cupboards, appliances, doors...lucky for us Bob's dad came to help us put it all together! you've all heard the "sob story" but I wanted to post a few pictures

This was our living conditions durning renovation, needless to say we ordered out a lot. De Mario's and Rice Shop had our orders down and they were at our door in ten min!!
OUR FINISHED KITCHEN: (after two months!)
UPSTAIRS; This is now Macy and the baby's room. They are going to share for a few years until Macy is brave enough to move downstairs. Bob again did awesome tearing down all the panneling, the ceiling, the built in shelves and the windows. This room was completely gutted. He did all the work himself this time and did so great. Marshall was behind his motivation this time. It was so nice to finally get to move upstairs with new carpet, everything painted and new. His closet he made is awesome (I'll have to post a picture of that later) I had no idea he could do all this, I tell him he needs to get some side jobs, lol! We have a small cape so our room is on the opposite side of Macy's. !
Our bedroom
He is now working on downstairs once again....bathroom, hall and office...pictures soon to be posted.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is an amazing transformation. I was just saying to Jonathan last night that I just don't have the "vision" abilities it would take for me to want to renovate a house. I have a hard time looking past what a house looks like in its present condition. You're brave...and it looks fantastic!

Heather said...

I am so impressed with your house. It looks awesome! That is such a huge job to tackle but it will be so worth it in the end!