Our (left over) Valentine/summer smores graham crackers/Halloween candy excuse of a Christmas gingerbread house! After a long day of work followed by three hours of shopping, this is all I could come up with.....without running to the store. ( I won't mention that I debated buying the pre-made, gingerbread house kit at Target two days before ) However, Macy could have cared less and had a great time finding all the left over candy that she could. As high maintenance as she is, It really surprises me how easy going she can be. Which reminds me of the absolute cutest thing she did. Now your kids may have already done this, but this was the first time for me. In my purse yesterday at work I found a pink piece of paper, knowing I don't carry pink note books around anymore (or ever) pulled it out and read:
Dear mom,
I hope you like my note. Sorry to intruped(interupt) I wanted you to know I love you so, so, so, so much. I hope you have a good day at work. Love, Macy (with hearts all over)
Needless to say, I did have a pretty good day at work thanks to Macy. I always thought it was the parents job to enlighten, encourage and push our children. But honestly the last couple of years its been a little opposite in this house. Macy has been such a trooper and really helped me through some tough times. She sure seems older than seven years sometimes (until she starts to whine.... I wouldn't want you to get the wrong idea and think I have a perfect family, lol!)
We hope you have a great december!!
15 years ago

3 comments:
I LOVE the gingerbread house!! I think those are the best kind. Macy's note is so sweet too. It's true that none of us have the perfect family, but we all get those perfect moments and that makes it all worth it!! I hope your shopping trip was a success! Love you Marcee!
Awwww! Love the note! Nothing can replace those moments. Now I've got to make a gingerbread house with my kids. With David supervising that means trouble! Yesterday he poured his cheerios in Jesus' manger.
U r a good mom to do all of that in one day. I love all the leftover candy. Your blogs always have such good food involved. I really am jealous. My kids have never left a note in my purse, sometimes on my pillow, but in my purse is so cute. I need to come visit you so you can take me to New York and then to Kathy to get a tour also. You two would come in handy.
Post a Comment